- 20 oz. Prime whole beef tenderloin – center cut 1 Cup Veal demi glace
- 2 Tbsp. butter – unsalted
- 1 Clove garlic – fine chopped
- 1⁄4 bunch flat leaf parsley – fine chopped and rinsed in a kitchen towel
- 1⁄2 bunch chives – fine chopped
- 2 Sprig Fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped fine, stems discarded
- 1 Sprig fresh rosemary, leaves removed and chopped fine, stems discarded 1 Shallot – fine chopped
- 8oz. Crimini mushrooms – sliced
- 1⁄4 Cup Cognac
- 1⁄4 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- To taste chili flakes – very small pinch
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fleur de sel to taste
- Black pepper from a mill
- Fresh cracked black peppercorn
Heat Forno Piombo to 750F. Place the grill in the oven to heat. Place a medium cast iron sauté pan in the oven to heat.
Rub the beef tenderloin with 1 tbsp. vegetable oil and season liberally with kosher salt and fresh cracked black peppercorn. Sprinkle with the chopped thyme & rosemary leaves.
Place the tenderloin on the grill in the center of the oven. Roast to desired doneness. 135F internal temperature for medium rare. Remove from oven and rest and reserve in a warm place.
In the hot sauté pan, add 1 tbsp. vegetable oil. Add the mushrooms and sauté until moisture/water has evaporated. Add the shallots and garlic and continue to sauté in the oven for 1 – 2 minutes.
Add the Cognac and flambé/ignite. Add the veal demi-glace and reduce by one-half.
Add the cream, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and chili flakes. Stir to incorporate. Bring to simmer and add the parsley and chives.
Stir in the 2 tbsp. of butter and season to taste with kosher salt and black pepper from a mill. Reserve and keep warm.
Roasted Asparagus / Serves 4 – Vegetable Accompaniment Ingredients:
- 20 pc Fresh jumbo asparagus, trimmed and cleaned 1 Tbsp. blended olive oil.
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil, finest quality
- 1⁄4 Cup finely grated Parmesan Reggiano
- Juice and zest from one lemon Kosher salt to taste
Black pepper from a mill
Heat Forno Piombo to 750F. Place a large cast iron sauté pan in the oven to high heat.
Place the 1 tbsp. of blended oil in the hot sauté pan. Add the asparagus and season lightly with kosher salt and black pepper. Place in the oven and pan roast until the asparagus have charred.
Remove from the oven. Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and zest and sprinkle with the Reggiano cheese. Serve.
Divide the asparagus onto four plates.
Carve the prime beef tenderloin into four even portions and place on the asparagus.
Spoon the sauce around the asparagus and beef.
Season with fleur de sel and black pepper from a mill.