- 10 small yukon gold potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 2-4 calabrian chilies chopped
- 1 lemon zested
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3-4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Place the whole potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water and add a few pinches of salt. Once a fork can pierce the potatoes easily, drain them and let them cool to room temperature.
- Place the cooled potatoes in the palm of your hand and compress/smash with your other hand. They should be as flat as possible while still holding together.
- Coat a cast iron pan or a sheet pan with olive oil and place the potatoes in the pan. Season with a pinch of salt. Place the potatoes in the wood fired oven and cook until the potatoes begin to get crispy and browned.
- About 4-5 minutes before they are ready to come out of the oven we want to sprinkle the potatoes with the garlic. Place back into the oven and cook until both the potatoes are crispy and the garlic is nicely caramelized and toasted.
- Remove the potatoes from the wood oven and sprinkle with the rest of the ingredients and serve.
Created by Chef Todd Thompson