- Mix together the flour and water until a shaggy mass forms
- Let rest for 2-5 hours
- Place dough in bowl of stand mixer and mix on low speed and add in salt and yeast
- Gradually add the olive oil. Bring mixer to med to med-high and knead until the dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Let dough rest at room temp for about 2 hours
- Roll dough out onto a floured surface and give dough a fold. Rest 3 hours
- Shape the dough into its final shape. Cover and place in warm place to proof for about 2 hours.
- Bake in 450°F oven with steam for 10 minutes then vent and continue baking until golden in color. Let cool completely.
Enjoy!! Chef Peter Bass